Wednesday 11 May 2011

Uniden 2830 VFO mod.

Recently I've become slightly frustrated by having to press the span button so often when adjusting frequency on the 2830, I'm not sure if its the Chipswitch mod with its 4th span position or just me getting old and lazy.

Anyway I recently had an idea, locate an encoder with a momentary push button function, 3 quid something later and I have something close enough to the original but with the push function.

Today I set to work, the plan was to connect the push button function of the new encoder to the span function of the radio, quite simple, after a quick mess about I got the encoder working as it should (ie changing the frequency correctly) and I'm in business.





The Encoder prepared, next time I'll mount it onto the original VFO pcb, this was the prototype :-)






The Encoder in its new home, also showing the position of the wires piggybacked onto the original SPAN wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment