Wednesday 14 July 2010

Uniden 2830 repaired

Earlier on in the year I took my Uniden 2830 out and plugged it in, No audio, confirmed the audio ic was fine and the main IC was opening squelch etc etc changed a few capacitors in the audio section and nothing, anyway I got busy with other stuff and the 2830 was left, yesterday evening 10 meters opened up briefly with sporadic E propagation into Southern UK and North Europe, well this spurred me on and last night I revisited the circit diagram for the 2830, this morning I plonked it back down on the desk, replaced a capacitor that may have been holding the squelch, bang hey prestor the 2830 is working!
Looking forward to working a few Sp. Es on it.

I've had this radio since I was around 13 years old, so its nice to see the old girl going again.





A while back I obtained a Turner 22X microphone head casing, It had been painted badly, anyway it polished up good, but was still useless as it had no internals, So! today I put a Heil HC-5 microphone element into the old beast, and mated the head up with an Electro Voice PTT microphone stand.






Quite a productive day Ham radio wise :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment