Saturday 6 March 2010

Puxing PX-888

Towards the end of last week I got a Puxing PX-888 from Hong Kong sourced new via Ebay, cost about 40 sheets of queens money.

I've had a play about with it, and it seems to work fine, and at that price its damn good value, Its no Kenwood or Yaesu but nor is the price tag.

Its box
Box looks nice! So far so good!


The radio covers the 2 meter band plus some (a 70cm version exists also) has repeater offset, ctcss, DTMF, scrambler (voice inverter?) and some other "features" that you'd expect for 2 meter operations.

It also has some highly impressive features that I'll demonstrate below :-D



































As you can see the light colour can be changed :-D

It also has a voice feature, you press a button and it attempts to communicate with you!
I'll upload a mp3 of this at some point for entertainment.

Conclution: its a budget radio, but its simplicity and price do bring a smile to my face,



No comments:

Post a Comment